CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 8, 2008

My Christmas Village

One of the things I look forward to at Christmas is getting out and putting up my village. I love it! It all started back in 2004 when Melanie and Gabe were living in Texas and we went for a visit the week after Christmas. We stopped at a JoAnns store to see what they had on sale and their village houses were 70% off clearance. So Mel said she was going to get some and I decided what the heck I will get some too. We each bought a few and then got home that night and opened them up and plugged them in and saw how cute they were. So the frenzy began! We went to every JoAnns in the state of Texas to look for more. Well maybe not the state but the whole Dallas/Ft. Worth area! We would even jump out of the car and race each other to the store to see who could get there first. It was alot of fun! I ended up coming home with 7 different houses and a few accessories. Then I learned they had them on ebay and let's just say over the next couple of holiday seasons I became obsessed. I even got a couple at Ace Hardware. But I am finally running out of room on top of my entertainment center so I have reigned myself in this year. I could use a few more trees though. It looks much better at night when its dark and all the houses are lit up.

Gotta have Santa flying overhead! Isn't it cute? So fun!

3 comments:

Melanie Rojas

You forgot to mention the part about me beating you every time! Even with Dad's driving maneuvers. Pretty sad that I have only gotten to use mine once since then. Too much moving around. There's always next year. At least this year we will get to enjoy yours! Of course that means that I'll probably be the one boxing it all up when Christmas is over. Fun memories mom!

Stephanie Walker

Wow! You look like one of those crazy ladies that has wierd collections....j/k! Can't wait to see it with the lights on tonight!

Nat & Tommy

you forgot to say you would jump out of the car while STILL MOVING! you guys were crazy! and you werent supposed to take a picture of the one I gave you, what if they look at your blog and notice! :)