CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Peralta Trail Hike

I know you are all thinking what the heck, Paula actually went hiking?!!! I am actually thinking the same thing! On Friday I went hiking with my friend Jen Wood, her friend Mike, and her 9 year old daughter Krissy. Jen is a seasoned hiker who has done the Grand Canyon a few times. I told her to pick an easy one for me to start off. We hiked the Peralta Trail up to the Fremont Saddle which is 2.2 miles up and 2.2 miles back down. Piece of cake right? Well maybe for you but for a not so in shape 51 year old it was hard work! I thought the going up part would be the hardest but the coming down was a killer. It was fun and even though my knees are killing me today I'm glad I went and hope to do a few more hikes in the future.

We made it to the top! The view from up here was definitely worth it. Thanks for letting a slowpoke like me tag along.

7 comments:

cindy

I'll let you craft with me if you let me hike with you!

The McKnights

I love hiking! That's great that you went and I'm sure Jen made the hike very entertaining!

Christie Knight

Way to go! It is very rewarding hiking all that way to have a beautiful view from the top!

Nat & Tommy

Mom, you are one sexy babe... the capris with hiking boots look really works for you!

Stephanie Walker

Good thing a mountain lion didn't attack you and try to drag you off! I'm sure Jenn would have saved you!

Lana and Terry

Okay, I continue to be so impressed with all of your skills. Scrapbooding, breadmaking, hiking, camping - Does the list ever end?? You are probably headed to Utah, so have fun and remember, keep us posted on your next skill that you will attempt to master:)

The McKnights

I gotta agree with Nat.... those capris and hiking boots... woo woo!!!!

-Bri