CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 20, 2009

Utah Trip

Well we made another trip to Utah to visit the kids. We started off by driving to St. George and stopping overnight. The next morning we did a session in the temple before driving the rest of the way. We had never been to this temple before and it was beautiful.




We then drove the rest of the way and spend the next 4 days enjoying spending time with Melanie, Gabe and the boys. We met up with Gabe one day in Salt Lake City to see where he is working now and we had lunch at the Joseph Smith building. Yummy fried pickles!


Here is a view of part of the project that Gabe is working on.


The idiots that went swimming in 35 degree weather! (But the water was 90 degrees and 104 in the spa)
And the wimps that watched!


Ron and I were able to have lunch with Janice Beggs, a friend who used to live in our ward.



Papa with his buddies with the snowy mountains in the background. I don't think it got much over 40 degrees the whole time we were there. Burrrr!


Gabe and Ron got invited to a Jazz game so while they were gone Mel and I and the kids went to see the new Draper Temple and got to go inside. Very pretty!


Always a fun time. Thanks for letting us come, hope to see ya again soon!

7 comments:

theleavittranch

That looked like a blast. Always fun in Utah. Looked a little on the cold side glad I don't have to live there. Glad your back and had a great time. The kiddos all look great. Hopefully I'll get to see them in April.

cindy

Not that I'm not sad mel ism't moving back...But it looks like a road trip for the cousins...when it gets warmer!

The McKnights

The St. George temple has always been one of my favorites, it's beautiful! Brian and I walked around it not too long ago. I'm glad you guys got to do that! I can't believe you've never been to St. George!!! I love it! Looks like a fun trip! I swear I have pictures in every spot you have posted from your trip to the Joseph Smith building and lunch!ha ha Those were spots we visited alot growing up!Isn't it neat? I guess it's a pretty typical spot to go seeing how I spent so much of my life growing up in Utah! That's so cool Gabe gets to be a part of the new HUGE Salt Lake project! Glad you guys returned safe!

Christie Knight

It sure looks like you guys had a great trip and it sure looks cold..burr! It is so pretty up there!

Kimberly

How fun.. my turn next!! Looks like a lot of fun.. wish we could have been there too! Glad your home though.. Kinsley sure loves grandma and papa!! (still mad you snaked all my metal signs! hehe) When are we going to work on our LUCK blocks?!!

Melanie Rojas

You are in trouble!!! I told you no pictures of me from that day could go on the blog since I was the only one who didn't get to shower before we left. Your lucky I can't find my camera or some nice pictures of you might surface.....!!!! Thanks for coming even though we hibernated indoors most of the time.

Stephanie Walker

I hope you had an extra pickle for me! Yummy!