CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Rest in Peace

Joey was laid to rest yesterday. It was a beautiful funeral with a large crowd in attendance. Vanessa gave the life sketch followed by all their married children and spouses giving a short memory of their dad. Sterling gave the spiritual talk and then their bishop closed with his remarks. Two musical numbers rounded out the program. The tone was upbeat as Joey's life was celebrated.

A good friend of Joey's, Monty Hogle, made the casket and it was incredible. Vanessa's sister Pam did the floral spray for the top out of leather roses that everyone helped to make. It also was incredible.

The Larry's minus Joey :(. . .
Ron was able to help carry the casket.

In true mountain man tradition they fired a cannon for Joey.

Ron and I with our flowers to keep from the casket.

The Larryettes. (I love these girls!)
Ron and I did well with our emotions until the closing song.
Each life that touches ours for good
Reflects thine own great mercy, Lord;
Thou sendest blessings from above
Thru words and deeds of those who love.
What greater gift dost thou bestow,
What greater goodness can we know
Than Christ-like friends, whose gentle ways
Strengthen our faith, enrich our days.
When such a friend from us departs,
We hold forever in our hearts
A sweet and hallowed memory,
Bringing us nearer, Lord, to thee.
For worthy friends whose lives proclaim
Devotion to the Savior's name,
Who bless our days with peace and love,
We praise thy goodness, Lord above.

To all of my family and friends that touch my life for good, thank you and I LOVE YOU!

2 comments:

Nat & Tommy

mom, you know my internet sucks at home..therefore i can only look at blogs during work hours... which means you cant post emotional posts that will make me cry because I got yours and grandpas wonderful gene of being a big BABY! but beautiful post... uncle joe will be missed!

The McKnights

I was hoping you would have something about the funeral on here since we had to miss it.:( What a wonderful post and tribute to your friend. Everything looked really nice, wish I could have seen it for myself. It's nice to see smiles on people's faces and that everyone is trying their hardest to be happy. He will definately be missed. Larry FHE won't be the same without him.